liquid lawn fertilizer and sales sources for bulk

Page 1 of 2
What's a good liquid lawn fertilizer I can spray on? Also, I'd like to be able to buy it in bulk. Sources would be appreciated.
rb said:

Why would you want to use a liquid fertilizer on your lawn? Not that it doesn't work, but it's VERY expensive, compared to a granular, and it doesn't last as long. This means you have to fertilize even more often, increasing your cost even more.
Just curious. =)
--

Eggs

Is it possible to be totally partial?
<<Why would you want to use a liquid fertilizer on your lawn? Not that it doesn't work, but it's VERY expensive, compared to a granular, and it doesn't last as long. This means you have to fertilize even more often, increasing your cost even more.>>
We don't even buy fertilizer here for our plants. With all the chickens/bunnies/geese we have, the compost IS the fertilizer. Nice to get something back for all the money we spend on their feed :-) Well besides eggs from the chickens.
I'm certainly not against using granular. What's a good one I can buy in bulk?
rb said:

You've a problem with Scott's?
Sorry, I don't understand the need for "bulk". Are you fertilizing acres of sod?
--

Eggs

-A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Scott's sells poisons and could care less that they are poisoning the ground water and killing our trees.
I know. I remind them from time to time and they have no answers for their crimes.
Jim

I've use a bunch of fertilizers, but the best, by far that I have found is Turf Trust. Purple bag. After I established my lawn for 2 years, I just use this fetilizer 3 times a year, and I have a weed free, healthy lawn. I think one 25lb bag will treat 10,000 sq yards.

10,000 square feet, not yards... sorry.

Never use chemicals on your lawn.
Read this.
http://www.naturalgardeneraustin.com/bulk_soils_compost_andmore/bulk/index.html
I use a product called Dillo Dirt. Completely natural and ph balanced. You only put it on in the spring and about 1/2 as much in the fall. For a 2000sf yard about 400 lbs. Just sprinkle around with a shovel. I always have the best looking yard. :) This way you don't have to worry about poisoning the ground water and the critters that live in your yard.

Empty your septic tank onto your lawn.

I'll tell you what. My yard always looks great. I was skeptical at first too but that stuff is great soil conditioner. You know what they always say that the grass always grows greener over the septic tank.
The first time I got it I didn't know what it was. :) LOL I used to do waste water management and I was told sludge is the best soil conditioner there is and they were right.

Ever try milorginite?

No. For now I'm sticking with the DD.

Fair enough and good luck with it.
on 5/17/2007 11:35 PM ythread said the following:

Not always. The heat from the septic tank dries out the soil above it faster than in other areas.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Yeah, I've been wondering why I have dead squirrels and deer laying all over my lawn. Must have been that bag of fertilizer. Must be real convenient using Dillo Dirt. Only 400lbs for 2000sf? Let's see, I'd only need a ton of it to do my lawn. I'll go down to the home center with my car this morning and get some, instead of a 40lb bag of Scotts.
What's a good liquid

Ignorance is bliss
Please read up on fertilizers
Here's a start: http://www.spring-earth.com/faq.html
By the way. For large tracts of land you need a manuer spreader. They come is all shapes sizes and prices. For large tracts of land it's a must have.
Scott's = Death

steveo must be real blissfull then.

I would of thought that a ng re: lawn and garden would be more enlightened.

That's the only reason I post here.