Lawnmower Identification and advice

Hi,

This is my first post. Hopefully someone can help! Because my wife was struggling with the weight of the Flymo, I purchased an old petrol mower in the hope this would be easier for her. It cost me next to nothing but wasn't running, however after cleaning up and resetting the points and plug gap, I finally got it started despite the mechanism which connects the engine to the starter pull mechanism being missing. The remaining problems I have are that the clutch doesn't quite seem to disengage the roller and cutter fully (despite being at full length on the adjuster), the missing mechanism, and the fuel pipe is also absent - the replacement is too thin and a such it's getting fuel starvation and giving up on me. However, although it says Atco De Luxe 14 on it, the engine doesn't look like other Atco De Luxe 14s I have seen on the web. Obviously I need to identify what the model is to be able to order the spares I need. Therefore, can anyone identify this and whether the engine is original? Also, do those chains look a little slack?

Many thanks in advance

Tex

[image:
Tex Gore

mack

comical, isn't it?

Gizmo's an antique ;)

Reply to
Frank

Hopefully this machine will work out better for your wife.

Reply to
tweety

Perhaps try calling dealers to find out if they know of any older manuals/stock information for your model?

Reply to
CMFarmLady

Are some of the replies to my original post supposed to be funny?

Otherwise, I have no idea what you're talking about. My wife has disability and the gardening is one of the few things that, with som difficulty she is able to do and insists on doing.

How about if you're not going to post anything helpful as to th questions I ask, not posting anything?

'Thanks

-- Tex Gore

Reply to
Tex Gore

It is hard to find replacement parts, mowers can get changed so much it will be completely different make/model from the original

Reply to
Go Internet

Reply to
Retro Guy

I really understand due to the fact that parts can be really expensive.

Reply to
Ms. Diva

I remember when we were young we had a lawnmower like that with no motor, but I can't identify the model.

Reply to
penny4466

can get very easy equipment for Grass cutter

Reply to
sampvasant

Hi There,

You have what looks to be the original engine there but the reason it look different is because it is missing the engine blower housing (cover) which the recoil start unit would bolt on to.

Spares are completely obsolete for that model but one company I know of still has a large amount of old stock and should be able to help you with used parts where new ones are no longer available......

Visit the follow> Hi,

Reply to
*Mechanic*