lawnmower compression problem

I've a 20+ year old LawnBoy that's losing compression, burning oil. Anything to be done for it, or let it slip away quietly?
Mark H. wrote:

Quietly? Put a bullet in that old dog.

anything?)
Steveo wrote:

You must have experience in rest homes.

My thoughts exactly. I have some 20-50 and I've also used that real thick stuff made bt STP (and others) just for that purpose.

Same here, I've used up to 80-90 weight IN THE SUMMER with 8 cylinder STP in it back in the 70's, this in wore out but still running $10/$15 rental machines I bought from Taylor rental where I worked at the time, got years more from them without the oil clouds or a rebuild.