Lawnmower cleaning

Hello,

I was wondering how often and how do you clean your lawnmowers from grass?

Do you have ride-on or walk-behind lawnmowers? Do you think it is relevant to clean lawnmowers? I prefer using wood stick, but are there any other methods to do that?

Reply to
bchaguy

Hello,

I was wondering how often and how do you clean your lawnmowers from grass? Do you have ride-on or walk-behind lawnmowers? Do you think it is relevant to clean lawnmowers? I prefer using wood stick, but are there any other methods to do that?

I have a walk-behind small black and decker electric that I wash under the deck with everytime. I keep it in my garage and the grass clippings rot and stink up the garage.

The good thing: no air from the house gets into the garage and no air from outside the garage gets in. but because of no drafts, it gets stale air.

Reply to
The Henchman

Should be kept clear of grass build up but it depends on the mower. My old Lawnboy would clog continually when grass was slightly damp and I was always stopping and cleaning it with a stick. My new Honda requires no cleaning at all, even when grass is wet.

Reply to
Frank