Lawn Weed Indentification and Control

We live in Massachusetts and put down a corn gluten pre-emergent weed control product back on March 19th.

Although the lawn is still dormant, we've noticed some type of weed has emerged (March 27). Can anyone identify what type of weed it is (URL to picture is below) and the best way to get rid of it / prevent them going forward (organic if possible).

rw

Reply to
rw

Ortho has a cool bug and weed finder with ways to control/kill. You can get there through Scotts.com

Reply to
KCnRichmond

Haven't tried it just yet, but here is the link:

rw

Try this website as well. If you are still not able to identify the weed, a call to your local extension office might help.

Good Luck

-Kote

Kote

looks an awful lot like a wild Easter Cactus but given your location I'd say thats near impossible. Eric

Reply to
Eric

If you had it in the lawn last year, it will come back from the roots. Pre-emergents only control weeds sprouting from seeds (annuals or newly sprouting perennials).

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

It may be henbit.

Doug G

Reply to
Steveo

It doesn't. It is still actually very low to the ground, no flowers, and it spreading at a pretty good clip.

Reply to
rw

24D will kill it.
Reply to