Lawn turned brown, still needs winterize?

This is the first time I have this kind of lawn. It turns brown in winter. Do I still need to winterize it? If yes, when? Is it too late now? Thanks.

Any idea where you live?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

too late.

Winterize before Thanksgiving if it is tall fescue. If warm weather grass, like bermuda, it is dormant and you can wait until March or April.
Thunder
Rolling Thunder said:

If his brown turf is tall fescue, in North Carolina, in November, it's dead. More likely, the sod is not a cool season grass.
--

Eggs

- Listen: Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

I think the grass is bermuda. It's dormant now. If I apply fertilizer, wouldn't the fertililzer stimulate the growth of the grass? Is that good for grass that is dormant?
John Smith said:

I'll be the first to admit that turf grasses aren't my specialty, but I'd venture a guess that it's past time to winterize your lawn, especially if it's already fully dormant. Probably best to wait until early spring (maybe Feb, for your area?). I'm zone 5b, and bermuda is an invasive pest, here.
--

Eggs

The Lady of the Lake-- her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held

Take a look at following for warm season winterizing:
http://www.turffiles.ncsu.edu/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=1&tabid=2&SysID=CYNDA&Season=Winter&SeasonID=Wi&Professional lse&Content=Tips
As I said, wait on fertilizing bermuda until later.
Thunder

All you need to know about maintaining Bermuda is here:
http://www.turffiles.ncsu.edu/Pubs/Management/ag-431.pdf
Rolling Thunder wrote:

Thanks for the info.