Lawn Tractor oil leak

I have a JD LX172 which developed an oil leak somewhere under the engine. It seemed to start after an oil/filter change. I have checked for the obvious places. Is there a seal on the underside of the engine?

Thanks

Reply to
c1gmlm

This is the inexpensive verticle shaft isn't it ? If yes, there is a seal under there and it sounds like you blew it out maybe overfilling it with oil.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

When the seals are changed out, have them measure the bore for roundness. I had a seal go in a cold state a couple of weeks ago, and all of the oil ended up on the floor of my garage. It was not overfilled either. I had the same seal replaced about two years ago. It could be that the bore is elongated also.

Reply to
notebook

Have you removed the filter to make sure the old filter gasket isn't stuck to the engine? That is usually the cause of post oil change leaks.

Reply to
Eric in North Texas