Lawn Tractor

I need a lawn tractor for 1 acre lot and a quality one at that.What = brands should I be looking at?Thanks.

Reply to
JoeM

should I be looking at?Thanks.

In my highly prejudiced opinion; John Deere. And there is a considerable quality difference between the dealership Deere and the ones sold at Lowe's / Home Depot.

Reply to
Eric in North Texas

I agree.

There's a considerable price difference as well. But I don't see it as a "quality" difference. It's more of a "get the right tool for the job" sort of thing. If you need a workhorse to do all sorts of light "tractor" chores, look at the dealership models. If all you need is a lawnmower, the Lowe's/Home Depot Deeres match up well quality wise with other Lawn "Mowing" Tractors. At least, I'm pretty happy so far with my 190C. Rick

Reply to
PhantMan

If you are just going to mow look at a good ZTR. Does a better job quicker. Dixie Chopper makes a real good one.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Mel M Kelly

favor and stay away from Craftsman, Craftsman is not a very strong machine and things break all too often. I lived in the catskills of New York state and had two acres to mow and I got an older simplicity machine and this lasted me years and years and I wish I took it with me to NM but I was stupid and bought my Craftsman and it fell apart in a few months. Zero turn is a nice machine but for one acre it would be a waste. Simplicity is a steel machine not tin and strong spindles and belt drive system. make sure you get ewither a Kohler engine or Briggs and Stratton engine and no overhead valve systems for they have loads of headaches yet.

Reply to
Auto Tech

I agree with the Craftsman being cheap but not with the ZTR thing. I have found you only put about 1/2 the hrs. on them so thay last twice as long and do a better mowing job so the are worth a little more.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Mel M Kelly