lawn shade

"I am in california i have the same problem new lawn planted in late august in the shade planted sun shade lawn seed but it does not get bushy? what to do with lawn "

Well to start with, since it's shade, I'd plant a mix designed for shade, or dense shade, not an all purpose sun/shade mix which is a compromise. Depending on how shady it really is, fall may not be the appropriate time to seed. On the north side of a house, for example, with the days growing shorter, and the sun heading south, it will get very little sun now. That type location is better to seed in the spring. What's the soil like? Has it been tested, PH adjusted? Did you keep it moist for several weeks?

Reply to
trader4

I am in california i have the same problem new lawn planted in late august in the shade planted sun shade lawn seed but it does not get bushy? what to do with lawn

Reply to
JazzyRed