Lawn Repair

I am patching up my lawn, due to winter damage. I have put down new topsoil and have sprinkled on grass seed. Should this seed just be placed on top of the soil or should it be raked in.
Thanks.
Jeff

Rake it in a little if it's practical, some straw on top is a good idea too if it's bare soil. Keep watering it.
--
I won't retire, but I might retread.