Lawn Mowers *** Expert Advice

I purchased a house and am moving in 5 weeks. I have mowed many lawns in m life, just never had to buy one. If somebody could provide me feedback on good lawnmower I would appreciate it. My yard isn't that big, doesn't hav any hills and will probably take 15-20 minutes. Friends of mine hav lawnmowers that around $300-$400 but also have a much bigger yard than me I would like to keep the price under $300 since mine will require less us than the average mower in a season. Any suggestions on brand, essential to look for and cost? Since lawnmowers are season should I expect th price to drop as we get closer to fall? Lastly, recommendations o weedwackers?
Thanks all, TM
-
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutgardening.com/group/alt.home.lawn.garden More information at http://www.talkaboutgardening.com/faq.htm