lawn mower not working

I have accidentally added petrol to the oil tank of a petrol mower I could not find and opening underneath the tank and so tipped it upside down to drain the oil tank ,and then added fresh oil it did work for a little while but now doesn't want to start or it does now and again only for about for 30 seconds and then stops with a fair degree of smoke,could anyone offer me any advice I did have a look at the spark plug and it looked to be quite oily I don't know if this is supposed to be like that,maybe tipping the mower upside down helped oil to spread to other parts of the mower unintended
--
wilson1973

Bob F;965459 Wrote: > wilson1973 wrote:-

> a bunch

> until

> intake.

Thanks Bob F I will try that,could you tell me where the air cleaner is on the mower please,by the way I have had a look on the mower I'm not sure of the manufacturer but the engine is called a Briggs and stratton series 220
--
wilson1973

wilson1973;965479 Wrote: > Thanks Bob F I will try that,could you tell me where the air cleaner is > on the mower please,by the way I have had a look on the mower I'm not > sure of the manufacturer but the engine is called a Briggs and stratton > series 220
The Air Filter will be located on the side, or the top of your Carburettor. On a Briggs and Stratton 220 Series this is where your "Red Primer Button" is for cold starting. See the following link for all your Briggs and Stratton Spare Parts - 'Briggs & Stratton Spare Parts - Lawnmower World' (http://tinyurl.com/cvcaegq )
Briggs and Stratton engines were primarily fitted to Mountfield Lawn Mowers so see the following link for any Mountfield Lawn Mower Spare Parts - 'Mountfield Spare Parts - Lawnmower World' (http://tinyurl.com/bmbu249 )
Regards L-M-L
--
Lawn-Mower-Love

RTFM before you screw it up even more....