Lawn Mole Cure

I've tried and Love Baar Products Lawn Care Castor Oil! Works awesome and safe.

Really ? I have 2 acres in Southampton Mass. and we have lots of moles, I was just gonna poison them. and already poisoned the grubs TWICE
I tried the oil thing at the old house, with a small garden and I can't remember, but I thought I had no luck with it
I have one of those "sonic" repellers but I don't think it works for diddly Have a "stabber" trap too, but the thing gets tripped and no dead mole Fake worm bait is next I think.
Clark

Hello Clark
This guy will give you the straight scoop on mole control:
http://www.themoleman.com /
The bottom line is a trap.

thanks for the link, that one did'nt show up on Google for me (I don't remember)
Moleman says poison and castor oil don't work, I know the oil don't work, hmmm
Maybe I'll just sit in a tree with a 12 gauge with some bird shot loaded up.
How expensive do you think it is to pave 2 acres??
Clark
Clark said:

Or, sit in a lawn chair, with a sharp shovel. It doesn't take long to see one working. They're /not/ nocturnal. When they're hungry, they eat, and in order to do so, they have to tunnel. It's quite easy to see one tunnelling, and a quick downstroke with the shovel usually does the trick.
--

Eggs

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

I wish I had the time to wait around like that, with either the shotgun or the shovel
Clark
DEFRA carried out a study into ALL the methods used to control moles in Europe and Russia. This report runs to 31 pages and concludes that the ONLY ways that work are poisons and traps.
http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-countryside/vertebrates/reports/mole-review.pdf
However I believe there are no licensed poisons in the UK anymore so that just leaves traps.
I recently purchased 5 barrel traps and 5 scissor traps. The barrel traps (image)..
http://www.hygienesuppliesdirect.com/images/productpics/1317701.jpg
.. caught 6 moles in the first 3 days. On one occasion I took a mole out of a trap, reset it and cut the lawn only to find another mole in the same trap. The scissor type haven't caught any so far. The barrel traps are also much easier to cover. The barrel part stops dirt falling into the tunnel.
Note that just about all traps need a bit of tweaking before use to ensure the trigger works as intended.
For good measure I live in a village called Molesworth!
Colin
PPS: Jasper Carrot on Moles on YouTube...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ftivL8MjlhA

It's a classic
great!! i had no luck with it. lucas
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The only sure fire mole control is a trap.
Baar products suck used cock, snake-oil spamtard.