Lawn kill

I recently took over a property in a desert area with a backyard area full of weeds and weedgrass. It was left dirt and the weeds and grass took over. I need to completely kill *everything*. What is the best product to use for that? I'm hoping to kill everthing off now and then have it landscaped in a month or so. Thanks for the help!

Reply to
LawnKill

Roundup, since you are going to landscape in a month or so.

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

Roundup, but it only works if the plant is actively growing.

Reply to
Steveo

Solarization works incredibly well in the desert, and unlike roundup can kill weed seeds and not disrupt the soil biology....

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.

-- Aldo Leopold

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

Thanks Tom and Steveo. I'm going to buy some of that Roundup super concentrate today and give it a shot.

Reply to
LawnKill

Solarization looks like a good way to go, if only I had the time for it, and maybe if it were approaching summer for more heat. I'm going to try roundup since I'd like the quickest solution in this case. Thanks for the reply.

Reply to
LawnKill

Roundup, IMO... Once I used a propane torch (hose with a hand wand), carried the tank around and burned the yard up, plus the leg hair!

See:

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction. Janet Reno, Attorney General, Friday, February 27, 1998

Reply to
oren