Lawn help for total beginner

Hello all,

i have just moved into a new house and the lawn is a real mess. big bald spots, weeds and moss.

i started with a weed and feed which has killed the moss. i raked the dead black moss off. It did a half decent job with the dandelions too, visibly weakening them and i followed that up by digging out the roots.

now i am left with the big bald spots on the lawn. i dont own the house so digging up the lawn and laying new turf isnt really an option but i am prepared to reseed the garden. what is the best way to go about the seeding? When it comes to seeding anything i am a complete novice and any tips, no matter how small would be a big BIG help to me. someone i know has told me that raking in bonemeal to the soil and then covering the seeds with a light dusting of garden sand is the way to go. is this correct? also how often should i water the seeds?

I live in the UK.

Many thanks

Sean

Reply to
Seanhull

This question has been asked here regularly and you can find replies with google. Also if you look for "over seeding lawn", "lawn renovation", etc, you'll find lots of info.

Reply to
trader4