Lawn height in a drought

Hi all,
Here in the Pacific Northwest they're already predicting a drought for this summer due to our lack of snow-pack in our mountains.
This brings up a question that I've thought of many times but never asked.
In a drought situation is it better to cut one's grass short because there's less of it to need the water or --- to leave it long on the premise that the blades shadow the ground and, possibly, help to lessen the evaporation ?
All the best,
Perk (:>)
--
NOTE - The return email address is intentionally wrong.
To respond to me personally please use the following :

Thunder

lower the soil temperature a bit too.
On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 17:52:36 -0800, Perk wrote:

I would suggest that you aim for 2 3/4 to 3 inches in the summer 'round here. It will still brown off in the end, but the weed invasion will be much less.
I would also suggest that you fertilize the lawn before the end of april. A healthy lawn will fare much better in the drought and come back from the drought better.
Good luck to you.
--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com