Lawn Aerator

barrel filled with water with a row of aerator tubes fastened around each head pulled by hand? Less than 1000 sq ft and too hard for foot-stomper aerator.

(Amazon.com product link shortened) 1AZLOEA/ref=lp_554942_1_7?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid07359596&sr =1-7
Don't need a tiller or a pitchfork. LOL! It would be a waste for me to buy a Mantis just to aerate a lawn every year or so. Are you sure that video shows an aerator attachment? Good try but stupid idea.

stupid idea.

Slitting is not good for this situation. It would do does a lot more damage to the roots and generally makes a muddy mess. Slits close up quickly. Holes from plugs give water somewhere to drain and filter. Same for fertilizer & grass seed. Slitting is always a stupid idea.
On Thu, 7 Aug 2014 08:55:01 -0800, "Guv Bob"

It works well for "renovating" a lawn - slit seeding if done properly DOES work - it is like using a seed drill
Guv Bob wrote:

Tool and equipment rental shops sometimes have them. Most people don't want to buy something so big and so rarely used.

The Mantis aerating tines do a great job of thatching, for weeding simply reverse the tilling tines, works well. And depends what you mean by a "large" lot... the Mantis can handle any size lot one would normally push mow... I'd say it could handle a 1/4 acre, for anything much more than a 1/4 acre I'd prefer a riding mower.
"Not-Home" wrote:

Very true, and you certainly wouldn't use it to aerate only 1,000 sq ft.
On Thu, 7 Aug 2014 08:55:01 -0800, "Guv Bob"

If you know so much WTF are you asking for advice?!?!? Duh
Now that we have all the comments and theories about aeration......

barrel filled with water with a row of aerator tubes fastened around each head pulled by hand? Less than 1000 sq ft and too hard for foot-stomper aerator.
Magically someone was passing out flyers to do aeration in the neighborhood this week. This is the just the 2nd time I've seen someone come by in 20 years. Prices listed vary from $80-160 front and back, depending on any extra services.
On 8/15/2014 4:50 PM, Guv Bob wrote:

Just be sure his device pulls plugs of soil and does not merely spike the soil. The former actually aerates; the latter compresses the soil around the holes it punches and makes things worse.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

Up here in Waterloo Ontario there are usually guys around 3 or 4 times in the spring, and often twice in the fall wanting to Aerate the lawn.

barrel filled with water with a row of aerator tubes fastened around each head pulled by hand? Less than 1000 sq ft and too hard for foot-stomper aerator.

neighborhood this week. This is the just the 2nd time I've seen someone come by in 20 years.

extra services.

It's old as the hills.

neighborhood this week. This is the just the 2nd time I've seen someone come by in 20 years.

extra services.

On hold. Low priority. Will update if and when it happens.

Screw you. I made up my mind. Get a brain.

soil

Get a life dude
My sincere apologies to you, Oren.