Laundry problem

I hope there is someone on here that can help. I don't know where else to find the solution. When they tried to iron on a name tag on my mom's sweater at the nursing home, the iron was too hot and left shine marks. Is there anyway to save this sweater? TIA Carolyn
Henry & Carolyn wrote:

off with trimmer on a electric razor. Sweaters are often acrylic and if overheated turn brown which cannot be corrected.

Forget about it. Clothing comes and goes in nursing homes. Chances are that it will disappear for a week or two while another shows up and then it might return. Don't sweat the small stuff.
Srgnt Billko wrote:

good answer.

Your mom is probably attached to the sweater. See why you're seeking a solution to keep it. Very doubtful that is can be saved.
One not so high tech solution is to sew some velcro on the sweater. Do same to the name tag if its of adequate material. Be sure to get the hook and the pile correct. If everyone does this, they can drive the staff nuts switching names. Dave
Dave wrote:

iron-on name tags with my printer and put them in prominent places where they could be seen rather than inside. After that, I had to buy far less new clothes for my father when he was in the nursing home. Most of the residents I knew in his nursing home were out of it with Alzheimer's and dementia and did not care how they looked. Very sad.