Landscaping Cloth?

Should I lay what is called 'landscaping cloth' under my mulch nuggets? I am tired of pulling weeds.
Thanks
Apeman
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/16/2013 2:57 AM, snipped-for-privacy@planet.edu wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

Even though I have bushes and flowers? My Peonies and Hostas seem to spread.
Thanks \\Apeman
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 16, 5:57 am, snipped-for-privacy@planet.edu wrote:

I think landscape fabric is fairly useless for what it's supposed to do and it's a pain in the ass anytime you go to plant a new bush. The mulch is there to keept weeds from growing. Even if the fabric works initially, within a few years there will be organic material on top of it. Wind blows in dirt, dust, decaying bits of leaves, etc and it works it's way in, defeating the whole purpose.
I just use mulch and then hit the few weeds that make it through with Roundup or equivalent.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@planet.edu wrote:

move the nuggets aside, put down a few layers of cardboard and put the nuggets back on top. by the time the cardboard is eaten by the worms it will smother most weeds.
songbird
Add pictures here
✖

I never thought of cardboard. Certainly cheaper. And should dissolve over time.
Thanks
Apeman
Add pictures here
✖

The cardboard will also offer excellent nourishment and environment for termites.
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 08:03:41 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

Yep
Ur right!
Apeman
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@planet.edu;981053 Wrote: > Should I lay what is called 'landscaping cloth' under my mulch

i don't understand, what do you exactly want to say.
--
thomaspoul

Add pictures here
✖