Kiwi Fruit

Hi, I have a Kiwi plant about 5 years old. Which has made fruit for the first time this year. It has hundreds of small, grape sized fruit which are currently green. I know there are several Kiwi variants, this one has glossy leaves rather than the usual hairy ones. Does anyone know whether the fruit are edible?
Thanks
Ron
--
Outgoing mail has been scanned by AVG and is certified Virus Free.
We have (she has) Kiwi that we eat but I must admit I just help her prune, weed, and build support - without paying attention to leaves. I'll try to remember to check it out next time I am out to our "farm".

Ours have glossy leaves also - and small grren fruit slightly larger than grape. We eat them when they get bigger.