kinda on topic ?

I did find it on my lawn....

I come home from my last appointment of the day, I see what looks to be a plastic quart bottle of oil on my lawn. So I'm a little confused (a little more than usual anyway), because I did not throw anything on the lawn and it is way to far from the road. OK, I figure as I walk towards the container, it must be a full bottle if it was thrown from the street as it is a good eighty feet from the street. I pick up the thing and it's empty? I read the quart container and it says: OIL W 100 Aviation oil for aircraft piston engines. I have tried throwing it, I can get 30 feet at best.

do you think it fell out of a plane or is this oil used for something else too?

Clark

Reply to
Clark

You have the wierdest life of anyone I know. I'd go with the fell off the plane theory - unless it was planted there by a neighbor who knew it would drive you nuts.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Weird? this kinda stuff is an everyday event for me, I thought these kinda things were normal, huh? as far as neighbors, I don't know that any of them are that clever, besides, I think they avoid me for some reason, (I wonder why)....... Just glad it was an empty quart bottle and not the plane!!! We have an apple orchard (Bashista's) near here(4 miles)? that Ted Kennedy's airplane crashed into. here is a link:

airport is about 8 miles from me.

Clark

Reply to
Clark

*whistles innocently*
Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Reply to
Mike

We are up on a hill, and it has not been windy lately, still someone driving/walking by with aviation oil? Still as confused as when I found it. Wind? plausible....

Clark

> Barnes airport is about 8 miles from me.

Reply to
Clark

Oh God No the squirrels have an Air Force.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Mike

>> Barnes airport is about 8 miles from me.

Reply to
asmurff

Gee I wanna hear 'bout some of the /weird/ stuff. I thought NORML was some kinda...huh?...normal? Never mind.

Reply to
xPosTech

>>> Barnes airport is about 8 miles from me.

There's always been flying squirrels around here. Red ones, black ones, white ones, gray ones. The flyers are little gray ones. Webbed legs.

Reply to
xPosTech

What I meant to say is: I didn't know they had organized. Should have known they would sooner or later though. Y'all bein' up north and all. ;)

Reply to
xPosTech

Reply to
Jim Loeffler