Killing Spurge

Anyone know what product works best for killing spurge? Weed B Gone sure isn't doing the job.

Reply to
David

Hmmmmmmm...according to

weed-b-gone is the recommended product for spurge. My solution is to pull it up by hand. I know it's labor intensive but I like to see immediate results. We *had* a lawn company doing our yard for about a year and it was better looking than now. I guess something about the treatments at regular intervals...

***from the Scott's site...

a.. Kill over 20 weeds with the touch of a button b.. Ready-to-use - no mixing c.. Kills dandelion, clover, plantain, chickweed, oxalis, spurge, henbit, English daisy, thistles, wild onion and many other lawn weeds-roots and all. d.. Won't harm lawns

What It Controls

Kills dandelion, clover, plantain, chickweed, oxalis, spurge, henbit, English daisy, thistles, wild onion and many other lawn weeds- roots and all.

How to Apply

Twist nozzle at end of sprayer to open. Point sprayer away from body and squeeze trigger to begin spraying. Aim at center of weed and spray to lightly cover.

When to Apply

Spray when weeds are actively growing. Hard-to-kill weeds may require a repeat application in 2 to 3 weeks. Rain or watering 6 hours after application will not wash away effectiveness. Spray when temperatures are below 90F.

When all else fails, there's always Roundup!!!!

Good luck

begin 666 spacer.gif K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``/___P```"'Y! $!````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P`` ` end

begin 666 khaki_subhead_benefits.gif M1TE&.#EA%P$=`+,``/___^][DO*8JNI:=M\`+/>_RN8BRSJZP$M\(`2["@#+">99 Y0B#L%.?$J'F@T5HA L,#80KD$L8#TA@F#"Z@8%ADA"@&92V-V 8%-:(05>0V/K_$FX$`F$""P1K M``.#`X/'D"-+GDRYLN7+F#-KQAP!`#L` ` end

Reply to
LFR

Maybe I should write to Scotts and tell them they're wrong.......... Neither Weed B Gone nor Weed B Gone 2 kill spurge. We did the Round Up, remove top soil and reseed this spring on over 1/2 the yard which worked real well. We've done the pull by hand in the past which works also but only temporarily. I tried Tri-Mec (?) last year, my brother said that works in CA but I couldn't buy it locally and ordering via internet was expensive. I may have to resort to that again.

Reply to
David

Reply to
Steveo

Weed B Gone kills my Spurge.

Reply to
Patch

If this is for a flower bed (which is where I have the most problem with spurge) there is a product called Preen which you can get at your local garden shop or Home Depot that stops spurge from growing. You'll need to kill it off with Round-up first, but the Preen will keep it from coming back. This stuff is only for use around ornamental flowers and shrubs, do not apply it to your lawn.

BTW, spurge is about the > Anyone know what product works best for killing spurge? Weed B Gone sure

Reply to
Anonymous