Killing Spurge

Anyone know what product works best for killing spurge? Weed B Gone sure isn't doing the job.
` end
Maybe I should write to Scotts and tell them they're wrong.......... Neither Weed B Gone nor Weed B Gone 2 kill spurge. We did the Round Up, remove top soil and reseed this spring on over 1/2 the yard which worked real well. We've done the pull by hand in the past which works also but only temporarily. I tried Tri-Mec (?) last year, my brother said that works in CA but I couldn't buy it locally and ordering via internet was expensive. I may have to resort to that again.

Try adding speader-sticker to your weed b gone solution. Re-treat after 10 days.

If this is for a flower bed (which is where I have the most problem with spurge) there is a product called Preen which you can get at your local garden shop or Home Depot that stops spurge from growing. You'll need to kill it off with Round-up first, but the Preen will keep it from coming back. This stuff is only for use around ornamental flowers and shrubs, do not apply it to your lawn.
BTW, spurge is about the only plant I've seen that puts up a really good fight against Round-up. It normally takes several applications 3 or 4 days apart to really completely wipe the stuff out. Often I hit it a couple of times with RU and then when it seems to be mortally wounded I'll pull up as much as I can then hit it with the Preen. Just pulling it up by hand never works very long. Spurge has so many thin fine roots that you invariably leave some of it behind and it is so tough to kill that it can regenerate from a very small root mass. My routine is to nuke it with Round-up, wait 3 ~ 4 days, nuke it again and put out some Preen, then wait another 3 ~ 4 days and pull up by hand whatever I can and reapply Preen as directed on the label.