Killing Bermuda Grass

We've been trying to kill the bermuda grass in our backyard since last summer. We sprayed it with Round-Up 3-4 times, and then took off the top 1-2" of soil. We are still having a problem with it coming back in a few places. Any suggestions?

This link should be educational and helpful for your problem. Hope this works!
http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7453.html