Killing Aggressive Grass

I have the typical kentucky bluegrass lawn that most everyone else in Northern Utah has, and it's getting taken over by another grass. At first I thought it was crabgrass, but it grows all over, not just in patches. It's got thicker stems than the bluegrass, and they grow faster and taller, but they're about the same softness as the bluegrass. Some have told me it's farmer's grass or fieldgrass. But whatever it is, I'd like to get rid of it. Grabgrass spray doesn't work. The only thing that seems to kill it is roundup - but that kills the good grass too. Any ideas?
Randy Farnsworth Author of "A Stand Yet Taken" http://randyfarnsworth.com /

If you know of a good nursery with knowledgeable staff, pick some of your weeds and take it to them for identification. They should also be able to recommend an effective control.

If you've got access to a digital camera take a photo and post somewhere on the web w/ and give us a link to it.
Peter H
Some garden centers have a large book by Ortho that shows pictures of all weeds (and diseases). Call and ask before wasting the gas to go over. Or look on the net.