Kill Clover!

Page 1 of 2
Hi,
The clover is flourishing in my yard, particularly backyard. I used to be able to control them with Scott Plus 2 (early spring and late fall). However, this time it did not seem work. I also sprayed with those 1 gallon B-Gon (sp?) and it made the clover cover yellowish, but not dead.
Is there anything I can buy that will kill that weed? Or I'd better call some landscapers?
I am in Maryland, BTW.
Frustrating

Usenet User wrote:

If more applications of the regular Weed-B-Gon don't kill it, try the Weed-B-Gon for chickweed, clover and oxalis.
Product info: http://tinyurl.com/3f4aj

Sounds like you almost got it w/ the B-Gone (sp?) stuff. Sorry but I'm not familiar w/ the product. I am very familiar w/ clover though. With most of the weed sprays you can safely reapply in 2 weeks. Maybe a second application would help.
Peter H

Funny about clover. About 50 years ago, clover was purposely added to lawns. It spread easly, was green, and looked fine. I can remember my Dad agonizing about how much white clover to add to the grass seed he was buying. Then we invented broad-leaf weed killers, and clover was killed. Now we think of clover as an evil weed.

I have a nice lawn with plenty of clover. I choose to let it thrive. Clover is a weed I can live with.
HtH

Bees are people too. They like the clover and so do I. We can all live together.

Who is Helga ?

might know a Helga. :)

Don't know any Helgas. "The" is a family name passed down for generations. I'm a distant relative of Winnie The Pooh and Atilla The Hun and perhaps Ivan The Terrible but I can't quite trace the link.
Heidi the Horrible wrote:

fuh-uh-unny. [:^)
--
Yard and Garden Handyman

Heidi the Horrible wrote:

Of course, it kind of trashes the look of a perfectly manicured fescue or bermuda lawn...
Look for chick weed or Clover killer at any Home Depot. I've been attacking it in spots with a liquid version with great success. Clover (at least for me) has been a sign of bad soil.

Actually, clover can help poor soil, as it is a legume. If you remember your elementary school science, legumes like peas, fix nitrogen in the soil, making it easier for most plants to access nutrients. That said, I find clover, especially the stuff with the tiny yellow flowers, to be a real nuisance. I runs all over the lawn, and chokes out the grass. Pulling it is a rather thankless task, and neverending, but I am trying to go chemical-free. Can't decide if the clover or the dandelions are worse....
--
Barrie Templeton

| Barrie Templeton wrote in message | Actually, clover can help poor soil, as it is a legume. If you remember | your elementary school science, legumes like peas, fix nitrogen in the soil, | making it easier for most plants to access nutrients. | That said, I find clover, especially the stuff with the tiny yellow flowers, | to be a real nuisance. I runs all over the lawn, and chokes out the grass. | Pulling it is a rather thankless task, and neverending, but I am trying to | go chemical-free. Can't decide if the clover or the dandelions are | worse....
I don't like dandelions but I do actually like clover and sow seed (dutch white clover) in my lawn.

for clover. If sorrel is a persistent problem, odds are your soil is acidic. Add lime.