John Deere Service Plan

Just got an offer from John Deere. They're wanting me to purchase a two year service maintenance plan (two annual checkups). Cost is $545. No thanks. That's a tad high to change oil, sharpen blades, lubricate a couple of bearings.
thats why I am a gofcoursemechanic...
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

--
http://NewsReader.Com 30 GB/Month

Steveo wrote:

I think it was a weird introduction. ??
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:04:44 +0000, GFRfan wrote:

No you silly, you take your golf course to him and he put's it up onto the lift. Changes the oil and rotates your balls, stuff like that ... 8)
--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com

under there, will ya Goob? Say hey to Wally.
--
http://NewsReader.Com 30 GB/Month

Steveo wrote:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I am so naive. 8^p
If you want to throw away your money on a John Deere, I guess that's ok but I would rather buy an MTD and have all those thousands of dollars left over to buy many other things. You could buy a new MTD for what it would cost for a John Deere repair. An MTD can run 20 years without any major repairs. Since the initial cost of a John Deere might be 5 times what an MTD cost, the John Deere would have to run for a hundred years without major repairs to equal the MTD. From what I have seen of John Deere's, they haven't got a chance of running that long, not even 20 years.