John Deere LT 120 starting

I have a JD LT 120 and from the day I have had it , it starts up slow. That is I have to turn the starter for about 15 seconds or more to get it to start the first time I use it for the day. After that it will start in just a couple of seconds if I turn it off to close a gate or put more gas in it. Is this normal ?

Doesn't sound normal to me. Is the choke closing all the way ? Try it with the gas cap off to see if there is a vent problem. Does it leak gas out of the carb when it sits for a while ?
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 23:25:39 GMT, "Ralph Mowery"

That's not good.
It is obviously a lack of choking or lack of fuel problem.