john adamson

Large nest in the corner of shed

I have a large nest in the corner of my gareden shed, this is made o all sorts of materials from my compost bin which is attatched to th back. It is about two feet long by one foot high and one foot deep. dont want to disturb it as it might be a hedgehog in hibernation, bu then again it might be rats, in which case I would like to get rid Anyone got any sugestions

-- john adamson

Reply to
john adamson

Stick it with a pitchfork then haul ass if something comes after you! :-)

Reply to
gonefishn

Two points: one, it's *your* shed, not the freeloader's and two, anything still in hibernation smaller than a bear needs to have its ass kicked out of there. I like the pitchfork idea. In the extreme, put its head on a pike as a warning to other freeloaders.

Tom

Reply to
- Tom -

or a gentle stirring with the pitchfork may be more humane. Just consider how you would like your wife to rouse you from bed every morning and then extend the same courtesy to the sleeping animal. A cup of tea and toast may not go amiss.

rob

Reply to
George.com

Mmm, I'll forward your reply to my wife. The pitchfork thing - I got that idea from her. Now I awaken early.

Tom

Reply to
- Tom -

If a more humane method is desired; Tape a tarp over the entire mess. Light a 'gopher gasser' (or similar), set inside a coffee can (non flammable) and set under the tarp. Ensure the garden hose is nearby just in case something ignites.

Reply to
gonefishn

message

are you used to your wife sticking you with a pitchfork first thing in the morning?

rob

Reply to
George.com

rob, let's stick to the topic. Have you any other methods for removing cornered critters from a shed's interior? Ideally, the methods would minimize any chance of personal injury by the alarmed animal as it sought an escape route. In my experience, cornered critters cannot be counted on to react like a (Walt) Disney character. On occasion, their reactions can cause an adrenalin rush in the shed's owner.

Tom

Reply to
- Tom -

nothing much I can add then eh. what about a hose.

rob

Reply to
George.com

I prefer a 12-gauge Mossberg. Gets 'em every time.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives