Is it a Billbug?

I found a bug (actually, it found me by landing on my shoulder - I think it fell off of my River Birch) that looked like some of the pictures I've seen of a billbug. The difference that I saw in this on is that on it's upper "torso", that was a black dot outlined in white. The bug was black and on it's "wing covers" it had white speckles. Any idea and what type of damage can it do?

Thanks!

Reply to
Chris and Cissy