insect & weed sprayers

Hi,
Can I use the same sprayer to spray both weed and pest control chemicals? Or do I need to buy one sprayer for weed and one sprayer for insects, because they might chemically react with any residuals absorbed into the plastic sprayer? I would clean it out with clean water after use.
Thanks.
kaskiles wrote:

I think you are better off using different sprayers for each chemical. Some chemicals can have a bad reaction to other chemicals. Fire, explosion or more likely, poison gas. Could even react with each other and kill your grass.
--
Yard and Garden Handyman

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (kaskiles) wrote in message

One sprayer is all you need. The only thing you really need to be careful about is switching from something like roundup, to another product that you are applying to desirable vegetation. In that case, it's important to make sure you clear out all the existing product, so that you don't wind up killing plants.
I've done it both ways. However, it's best to have two sprayers & label one for weed killers. While chemically there won't be any adverse chemical reaction, you will be adding residual weed killer spray to shrubery and flowering plants which could damage them. Also, a weed killer spray container (generally one which attaches to hoses) should have a sprayer head which sprays down onto your lawn while the general insect sprayer will have a spray head which can rotate to reach up into trees, the underside of leaves on shrubbery and other areas needed. I'd recommend the Ortho dial-a-spray for the latter. Hope this helps.