Impulse Sprinkler

I have this problem almost every year. I cannot get my impulse sprinkler to reverse direction so I can water less than a full circle. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution ?

Reply to
Don Garvey

These sprinklers are incredibly simple design. The "reverse mechanism" is just a little metal lever that triggers a lock that keeps the "pendulum" from doing it's normal thing, and causes the water to squirt out sideways, reversing the head due to the "jet action".

If yours isn't reversing, check:

1) is the metal clip down and in good shape? You lift this up to get a full circle 2) Are the reversing cams missing? These are the levers that you use to set the partial circle.

That's about all I can think of, if the rest of the sprinkler works properly. These sprinklers are incredibly cheap (a plastic one can be had for $3, a good quality brass one for under $30) so maybe it's just time to replace.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

If the sprinkler is setup properly, and not damaged, the likely problem is insufficient water pressure/volume. Try it with a shorter or larger diameter hose (or none at all) or use a faucet closer to the main water entry to your house.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

If the sprinkler is "impulsing" (the little "pendulum" being thrust out by the water, and the sprinkler making the classic "tsst tsst tsst" sound) then there should be more than enough water pressure to reverse. Even if there wasn't, I'd think the sprinkler would simply get stuck at the RHS of the watering area, but the OP made it sound like it was always just going in a circle (or maybe I just read too much into the OP).

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer