I need help - Murray Quantum Push Mower

I have inherited a mower from a deceased friend. As far as I can tell it is about two years old with the following identifiers:

MURRAY 3 in 1

22" 6.5 Quantum Throttle Free

I find no model number, just a serial number (bar code). If it is there, I don't know where it is.

It is self-propelled and has key-activated electric start with a battery stored in the handle.

The key-start will turn over the engine - I haven't tried to actually start the thing because I don't want to run down the battery. Therein lies the rub - I don't have the manual nor the charger for the battery.

I am hoping someone out there has one of these mowers, and can tell me where I might get a manual and charger. I have googled the subject and can find nothing useful for these two needs.

Please and thank you

Gecko

Reply to
gecko

You might try:

Joseph Meehan

Thanx

Since my post, I bit the bullet and re-connected the disconnected electric pluggings and tried to start the mower. It starts and runs fine, which is great. The battery seems quite weak however, so I will need a charger. I wonder if the battery is 12v? That's my next quest

- to determine that.

Gecko

Reply to
gecko

I rummaged through his drawer-full of manuals and have come up with one for a push mower that looks like this MURRAY. Thing is - the manual says its for a STANLEY LEV 80-120.

I wonder if this is the correct manual? Watchathink?

Gecko

Reply to
gecko

I'd expect it would be 12V, but the battery should be marked with that (and other useful) information.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I have found a 12V car-battery charger that seems correct

MUR-67992MA $40!!!

Do you think my regular 12V car-battery charger could do the job? Gecko

Reply to
gecko

That link seems useless. It just has a search box. Entering "MUR-67992MA" finds nothing.

If it's 12V, such a charger should work. Limit the charge rate to 1 or

2 amps. The car charger should have that switch. [snip]
Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Murray went out of business. I believe B & S took them over.

If you have the model # type it into this link:

tnom

tnom