I.D. Help Please

Can someone please ID this for me.. I get several of them in my flower beds.. the brown ends are slimmy and the stalk looks like its made out of a cheese doodle
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l46/exar119/Funky2.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l46/exar119/Funky1.jpg
Peter Pan said:

Mutinus elegans
--

Eggs

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up,
How do I keep them from growing "
Peter Pan said:

You don't. Well, you could just remove all of your mulch, and never replace it. That would probably do the trick. It's just a fungi, and it's quite harmless.
--

Eggs

-A conscience is what hurts when all of your other parts feel so good.