Huskee deck spring

I am posting this on behalf of my son. He owns a 17.5 HP Huskee lawn tractor. In order to replace a belt, he had to remove the deck. To do that, you have to remove a spring that attaches to the back of the tractor near the transmission. All that is done. What he is wondering is if anyone knows an easy way to get the spring reattached. He hasn't tried it yet but thinks, and I agree, that it will be a very difficult task. Has anyone done this and does anyone have a trick they can share for replacing it? Also, the reason he had to replace the belt is because it wore through. It seems to be hitting something wrongly. Any ideas about that? It has done that since he bought it new.

Reply to
rile

Not sure if Huskee is much different from others but generally attaching one end and using a small flexible cable slipped through the opposite end to stretch it and once its attached let the cable slide through.

Reply to
Srgnt Bilko

BTW - I assume you have a real "Huskee" (sold locally by TSC) as opposed to a Husqvarna which is usually refered to as a "Husky".

Reply to
Srgnt Bilko

Thanks for the tip...that should do just fine. It is a Huskee and was purchased at a TSC.

Reply to
rile