Humpy-Bumpy lawn

This year my lawn is more rough than the past few summers since I bought the house. Its difficult to even walk on!

What can be done to smooth it out without stripping off the sod and starting new? Would running a seed roller over it the aerating help?

Reply to
Savage

I would like a good solution to this, also. Renting a lawn roller and towing it around behind my tractor just doesn't improve the situation.

Most likely I'll have to add top soil+seeds+starter fertilizer to the low spots and hand tamp. That's going to take several years.

Reply to
Stubby

You can do a couple of things:

Top dressing

Serious aeration followed by rolling.

You may have to do several cycles of either of these approaches, depending on how rough the lawn is and how smooth you want the lawn to be when you're done.

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

welcome to my world, or at least the last 3 years. Things slowly come right. As much as anything nature will do much of the work. Something I am learning. I like haste, nature likes to take 4 seasons.

rob

Reply to
George.com