How to remove glue? Marine Goop

I use a product Plumber Goop (and Marine Goop), they are VERY STRONG.. way TOO STRONG. Now I want to remove it, anyone knows how?
Is it silicon based? will silicon remover work?
NB

Someone else will have to tell you how to chemically dissolve it. I would first try to remove as much as possible mechanically, say with a knife or razor blade. If you can pry an edge up you might grab it with pliers and pull a big chunck off. I suspect it would soften lots with a heat gun or hair dryer.

way
try calling the 800 number on the back and ask the manufacturer?
I emailed the Goop manufacter, here is their answer (see below). I will try to buy some acetone from homedepot tonight to see if it works....
----- Original Message ----- From: 35 Day Farrald Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 2:41 PM Subject: RE: Goop removal product
Many solvents will help dissolve Goop. Acetone or Toluene or Naphtha would be good choices.
Thanks.
Day Farrald
Eclectic Products
-----Original Message----- Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 7:20 AM Subject: Goop removal product
I have been using Goop for many years, I love this product. The Goop is very strong, sometimes I feel that it is WAY TOO STRONG!! Recently I am facing a problem, I sticked something to my boat and now I want to remove it. but it is very difficult as I don't want to use razor blade to damage the surface. I asked people on the Internet they told me to use a dry clean chemical called "trichloroethylene" but I can't find it in local hardware store.
I think Goop company should consider having a new product for called "Goop removal".. just some suggestions.
I just bought a can of Acetone, it works!!!!!!!!! I can remove the Goop now!! it's perfect!

try
would
very
it
surface.

It just goes to show, there are few problems that cannot be solved by: 1) a bigger hammer 2) heinous chemicals and if that fails 3) Brute force and ignorance.
Bob

Or in your case, Bob on it.
--
GO# 40

Acetone is hardly a "heinous chemical". It is produced in the bodies of diabetics, and is used topically in medicine. Note than he didn't buy a can of methyl ethyl ketone, for instance.