How Can I Keep Dogs Away from my Lawn and Other Plants?

Page 2 of 2
Home Depot sells a product by Havaheart called Critter Ridder Dog and Cat Repellant. Works with natural capsaicin (sp?) i.e. strong pepper essence and a few other ingredients. It works.
Tim

Mike wrote:

No.
However, the fence need only be those green light-duty U-posts & thin bird/deer netting (the kind you drape over trees & shrubs, with bright strings or ribbons at dog-eye level to make it visible). Secure the bottom of the fence netting with rocks, & tie the netting to each post.
For individual shrubs, I use 3' galvanized fencing, looped into in a 2' diameter cylinder, with the snipped fence ends twisted around the other side to hold it in cylinder shape. I've also learned to drive a 4' U-post into the ground next to the loop, & fasten it to the fence loop with plastic ties: ground stakes will not permit a 3' fence loop to withstand a solid hit from a playful Labrador. When the shrubs are large enough, I reuse the fence loops for new shrubs.
Sounds like that'l work for me.