Horsetail

Does anyone here know of a formula to kill horsetail weed?

Roundup.
--
I won't retire, but I might retread.

Steveo wrote:

I think I read that roundup has very limited effect on this weed. But, I'm no expert on horsetail weed.
--
Yard and Garden Handyman

How big is the area you're trying to kill..if you added it all up in sq ft?
--
I won't retire, but I might retread.

I should have listed the things I've already tried.
Roundup-I've tried this several times in spring, fall and winter. It doesn't seem to even stunt the darn weed.
I've tried to burn it with a torch. I certainly burned the tops off, but didn't really stop them from coming back.
I used Crossbow. This showed the most promising results in the fall. It killed the foliage, but then it came back. Not quite as healthy looking though.
I hate using chemicals and I will not try anymore unless I learn of something someone else has had success with.
Thank you for your suggestions. I will wait to see if anyone else has advice as well.
Joan
wrote:

I think I read that roundup has very limited effect on this weed. But, I'm no expert on horsetail weed.
-- Yard and Garden Handyman

This guy talks of smothering it.
http://www.thegardenhelper.com/horsetail.htm
--
I won't retire, but I might retread.

Did anybody every try putting rock salt on stuff they want to get rid of.

Is it coming up in a lawn? If so how's your drainage? You may have to improve your drainage to eliminate it.
Peter H