Horsetail

Does anyone here know of a formula to kill horsetail weed?

Reply to
Joan in Oregon

Roundup.

Reply to
Steveo

I think I read that roundup has very limited effect on this weed. But, I'm no expert on horsetail weed.

Reply to
GFRfan

How big is the area you're trying to kill..if you added it all up in sq ft?

Reply to
Steveo

I should have listed the things I've already tried.

Roundup-I've tried this several times in spring, fall and winter. It doesn't seem to even stunt the darn weed.

I've tried to burn it with a torch. I certainly burned the tops off, but didn't really stop them from coming back.

I used Crossbow. This showed the most promising results in the fall. It killed the foliage, but then it came back. Not quite as healthy looking though.

I hate using chemicals and I will not try anymore unless I learn of something someone else has had success with.

Thank you for your suggestions. I will wait to see if anyone else has advice as well.

I think I read that roundup has very limited effect on this weed. But, I'm no expert on horsetail weed.

-- Yard and Garden Handyman

Reply to
Joan in Oregon

This guy talks of smothering it.

Steveo

Reply to
TINY

Is it coming up in a lawn? If so how's your drainage? You may have to improve your drainage to eliminate it.

Peter H

Reply to
Peter H