Honda isy hanle too low

Although not super tall 6'2" , I find the handle height on my honda Isy too low and it gives me back ache.

Anybody got any ideas on how to make it a couple of inches higher ( not longer ) without having to replace all the cables etc.

Chris

Reply to
christopher

Curious as I bought a new Honda (US) last year. Handle height is adjustable but IZY handle appears different:

there a second detent or hole for levering handle when loosened? This is essentially how mine is raised by levering up or down and locking. Maybe one could be added if enough room to drill a second hole.

Reply to
Frank

There does not appear to be any adjustment , i was thinking along the lines of bending the handles upward in some way without getting the bowden cables out of adjustment.

Chris

Reply to
christopher

Where your model has a big wing nut for tightening handle, mine has a bolt and at the base of the handle adjustment that can be put in upper or lower hole to raise or lower handle height. These are the lines that I was thinking you might cobble something up.

Reply to
Frank

Honda HRG415 HRG465 HRG536 or "Izy" handle bars are fixed with no adjustment unfortunately (its Honda's "Budget" mower and does not feature any of the trick bits incorporated in to the HRX range!)

To make life easier for you tho (without modification), the Izy does have 2 Height Of Cut Levers (one for the front and one for the rear) Adjusting the front low and the rear high will give you a higher handle and you will then just have to toy with the exact settings until you acheive your desired cutting hight with the handles in a position you are happy with.

Hope this helps

Trevor 'Lawnmower World - The home of Quality garden machinery'

*Mechanic*