Homelite 454SP wont start

Hi, i bought a graded petrol mower about 3 years ago and it now wont start. I am a novicewhen it comes to these things so have tried obvious things like petrol, and spark plug but not sure what to do now. I have rang a couple of repair shops and they are saying 'engine service' and quoting around 80 inc parts, vat etc. I only paid 100 ish for it so doesnt seem worth it. Although a novice im happy to have a go, just need some advice...i dont have a manual at moment although i have emailed homelite.
--
arthud01

arthud01;898213 Wrote:

When I had a similar problem I called my local Seddon centre - they wer really good about offering me help over the phone. Eventually I had t take it in to them in order for a new part to be found by they wer really helpful. To find your nearest centre I think you can use thei new website 'Honda Lawn Mowers, Honda Generators, Pressure Washers Water Pumps, Engines, STIHL UK' (http://www.seddondirect.co.uk ) and tha should give you relevant phone numbers. Hope this helps
-- floss2205