Home Made Mulch Plate

Sarge, et al,
You seem like a resourceful guy. Got a suggestion on what to use as a mulch plate on my 42" JD deck? I just don't want to pay the $75 they're asking down at the dealership.
TIA

I've picked up a couple at yard sales and year-end clearance tables for a couple bucks and modified them to fit.
Srgnt Billko said:

There's always ebay. =)
--

Eggs

Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?
Srgnt Billko wrote:

yea, but you're smart enough to do that. what about those who shop for lawnmowers at sears?
there is a two piece chute utilized on my White GT-1810 for attaching the grass catcher system. the short piece clamps to the deck. by cutting a tire inter tube and then using a bungee cord to affix the inter tube over the opening thus prohibiting the grass clippings an escape the result was like presto almost instant conversion from side discharge to mulching deck.... and then there are those who will proclaim loudly how the blades are not right!
Jim wrote:

Hey what are we saying here? some of my best tools and lawn care stuff is from Sears. Are you implying smart people don't shop at Sears? The last time I was in a Sears there had to be 1000 people in there, they can't all be Forest Gump.

I have used thin aluminum plate cut and contoured to block the discharge, also held with bungee cord, to turn a deck to mulcher. (insert 10" stick joke here)
Clark..
On 10/9/2007 7:06 PM, JB wrote:

When I went to my local OPE dealer to pick up some trimmer parts I was lamenting the $160 Toro wanted for a mulch kit. "Let me order the mulch cover as a repair item" my man says. "How much?" says I. 16 bucks says he, after looking it up. "Do it" says I. (Timecutter 4200 ZTR)
--
Ted
I wasn't born in Texas but