Hi-Wheel Snapper Walk-Behind / Opinions Please ?

Does anyone here have the Snapper mower indicated above? It is a 6 or 7 self propelled walk behind mower.

If any of you have used it, or know anything about it, I would appreciate your comments on it please.

Thanks !!!

--James--

Reply to
James Nipper

James:

I just put a HWPS26700BV (7hp) to use. I had the mulching ki installed. btw, the mulching kit for this mower is not the Snappe Ninja blade. It is a straight blade with some up turned thingies o each end. Some of my grass was 5-6" tall, and damp...I had to go t

1st gear to get through...but it managed. A couple times I stopped fo fear of stalling. Where the grass was more reasonably tall...it roare through. There are seperate controls for blade speed and the driv speed. I keep the blade at high speed; I never put the drive spee higher than 3.....else u'll be doing the fast step at each turn. I took some getting used to the idea of not having to lift the front o the mower to turn it; you can just just whip the front end around an scoot yourself around too....never have to stop the forward motion. Because the front wheels are casters and the rear wheels are on differential, you can momentarily lose your tracking just a touch if hit a big tuft of grass on one side...on relatively smooth lawns its n big deal really. I bought it, because I have about 1/2 acre and fel like an idiot going in circles for 1.5 hrs with a 21" mower. This di cut down on the time. I didnt want a riding mower, cause I have som trees to get under, and I just didnt see a riding mower working ou well. I don't know how big the gas tank is, but I did have to refil it before I finished slightly less than 1/2 acre. I read the manua quickly, it seems I may have to tilt the mower to empty the oil, no looking forward to that. I'll have to wait till the grass is shorte to get a good test of its mulching ability. This was the first time used it, and the grass was tall, and i have to say...it left some gras here and there. Where the grass was shorter, it did mulch well. If yo have any questions...feel free to contact me.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

James Nipper Wrote:

-- vtguy7777

Reply to