Help. Mushroom type fungi. Pics attached

hi everyone,
Any help on the following pictures would be great. I have what looks like a mushroom type fungi growing in my lawn and hope to get rid of it and have a nice lush green lawn.
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Lawn 1.JPG | |Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid 283| |Filename: lawn 2.JPG | |Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid 284| |Filename: lawn 3.JPG | |Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid 285| +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
--
johnoconnor83

johnoconnor83;929142 Wrote: > Any help on the following pictures would be great. I have what looks > like a mushroom type fungi growing in my lawn and hope to get rid of it > and have a nice lush green lawn.
Your pictures are out of focus and I can't see what it is.
If it is mushroom/toadstool type fungi, there is very little you can do about it. They do very little harm. Best considered an attractive decoration, like having the benefit of the flowers of weed plants without cost of their invasive leaves and roots. If you don't like them, just remove them, eg, with the lawn mower. The quicker you remove them then the are less likely to spore and spread, albeit that some fungi can live for decades underground without needing to spore. See 'Saprophytic fungi / Royal Horticultural Society' (http://tinyurl.com/5rnfrfy )
If however it is dog lichen or similar 'Algae, lichens and liverworts on lawns / Royal Horticultural Society' (http://tinyurl.com/65xx88m ) then that is due to poor drainage.
echinosum

echinosum;929219 Wrote: > Your pictures are out of focus and I can't see what it is.

> about it. They do very little harm. Best considered an attractive > decoration, like having the benefit of the flowers of weed plants > without cost of their invasive leaves and roots. If you don't like them, > just remove them, eg, with the lawn mower. The quicker you remove them > then the are less likely to spore and spread, albeit that some fungi can > live for decades underground without needing to spore. See 'Saprophytic > fungi / Royal Horticultural Society' (http://tinyurl.com/5rnfrfy )

> lawns / Royal Horticultural Society' (http://tinyurl.com/65xx88m ) then > that is due to poor drainage.
Thanks for the reply, i will try and get better pics. The problem with my area is poor drainage and the soil underneath seems to be clay type soil. Just trying to get into doing my garden after moving in and sorting out the house. Frustrating
johnoconnor83