Help Me Cut My Grass

I've been putting up with something that is beginning to irritate me. I have a 42" rider. The mower-wheels are in from the spread of the deck. As a result, as I cut a path, the front wheels 'mat' the grass some - enough that the cutting-blades do not cut the as they go over the 'matted' grass. As a result, I look back and I always see a, say, 4" swath, that I then have to make a second cutting trip over a slightly different path so the wheels do not 'mat' the same grass again, and then the blades do cut that grass.
Anyone experience this? And if so, do you have a trick to avoid this aggravation?
Dumb question, huh?
Jethro

Go on a diet - lose weight - and put wider tires on the front with lower air pressure.

Thanks - I needed That! :<)

You can also try new blades with higher lips to lift the grass up better.

Be careful not to weed-wack your walnut tree too, right Sarge?

These are called high lift blades. They will pull up the blades better for a better chance at getting cut. They also will throw the cut grass out further from the deck because they generate more wind. Also - really sharp blades will likely help your problem, as will slowing down in your speed. I have this issue too sometimes and slowing and replacing blades helps me. Tomes

Clarification: 'They will pull up the blades better for a better chance at getting cut.' means the grass blades get pulled up.....

Thanks for replies. I'll check out both possibilities. I replaced my blades this year - mulching (criss-cross) style. I thought they are 'high lifting', but I'll check. Slowing down does help a bit.
Jethro
i second high lift blades.