help identify shrub and possible disease

I have shrub in my yard and it's almost completely covered in white spots. I don't know what type of shrub it is or what the white spots are. Can anyone help identify what type of shrub this is and what might be the cause of the white spots and what can be done to get rid of them? See pictures at

this isn't a good forum to pose a question like this, please let me know what a good forum might be. Thanks.

Thanks.

Reply to
Cleetus Awreetus

I think someone used your plants to clean their chalkboard erasers. Either that or the worse case of whiteflies I've ever seen. KC

Reply to
KC

on 1/12/2008 10:58 PM Cleetus Awreetus said the following:

A fungus? Perhaps that downspout emptying right next to it might have something to do with it.

Reply to
willshak