Help: Electric Lawn mower

All,

My mother has arthritis bad and needs to purchase an electric lawn mower that is self propelled. I am not certain such a thing exists.

Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing?

I am going to research the major manufacturers but if anyone knows of any drop me a note at:

snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com

Thanks,

Ralph

Reply to
Ralph H. Stoos Jr.

My mother has severe arthritis also. The biggest problem she had with a gas mower was starting the thing. Snapper makes a gas self propelled mower which has an electric start (or at least they used to a few years ago, but I'm assuming they still make the same model).

Here's another solution that might work:

RoyDMercer

I would think she would be better off just paying someone $20 (or whatever) each week to cut it for her.

Reply to
Zito the Zit

All,

I appreciate the feedback. My mother wants to keep active so she will not hire someone for just mowing.

Also, the already have a very nice Cub Cadet self-propelled mower but it is too heavy for her to move around. They have 5 1/2 acres of lawn and my father does the bulk of it with a john Deere tractor. My mother just wants the electric for the "close" stuff.

I will keep looking. Thanks a bunch.

Ralph

Zito the Zit wrote:

Reply to
Ralph H. Stoos Jr.

This one is not self propelled... but damn easy to push and would be just fine for "close" stuff.

Reply to
Gemini