Have I messed up my lawn - Help!!

Hi Guys
First of all, a great forum. Ok I am new to gardening as I have just moved in to my first home an decided to sort out the garden My lawn is covered with weeds and the moss and is spreading like crazy At the weekend I purchased a large box of Lawn feed moss and wee killer. I have read the instructions and had spread the powder content evenly across my lawn as adviced. Unfortunatley the whole lawn has now gone black including the grass weeds and moss... Have I ruined my lawn or will it improve? Please hel this worried newbie gardener!!!!!
-- frankiej

Does it face north, or is it in full shade? Where do you live?
frankiej:

Probably you had less grass than you thought. Weed n Feed shouldn't kill the grass but the bare patches will look awful for a while until grass fills in. Don't cut your grass too short and don't cut it in late fall (depending upon where you live) and it should fill in nicely.
--
Mac Cool

If you have a lot of moss you must have a shady yard, make sure you choose a grass that can tolerate shade. Weed n Feed each fall and spring.
--
Mac Cool