guess who is out of retirement? The toro

The Sears repair guy is coming out to look at the new mower AGAIN, as I told the salesman at the local store, I want to return the unit because I am not happy with it. The sales guy (not a kid) said that is the next step before returning it. (however I suspect this is a stall tactic).
I complained that I am not useing the new lawn tractor because I think it is gonna break again, and that the engine (I think) is running rough. I have since taken the old Toro out and installed a new battery, sharpened and balanced the blade and washed her etc.
At least I know I can hit a ten inch stick with the Toro without totaling it. A link to a pic of the 19 year old Toro, I think the pic speaks to the way I take care of my equipment.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5zn5fk1
Clark
quoted from "Don't laugh to hard the mower got borked first time out"
OK, here is the story. I was mowing the lawn, I hit a stick (pine), it bent the right blade AND the bent blade cut into the mowing deck (about 2.5 inches) I think this was a freak accident, but??
The Sears guy is coming out to look at it Sat. I've already pounded the metal back in place, and straighten the blade enough to mow the rest of the property, it just needs a spot weld now (oh and at least one blade (or some hammering). Three hours on the new mower.. ugh When that blade hit the mowing deck it stopped the engine cold!! (it started fine and I've run it for about 1 hour so I think it's fine) "no strange noises"
"The Pics" http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4z1ku2q http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5z5n9mt http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5y9zktd http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4taxzyd http://tinypic.com/view.php?picbdro0p
anything I should bring up with the Sears Guy? thanks
Clark
Clark said:
[...]

I don't believe you. Prove it and take a pic. =)

Sarge is gonna like that one. =)
--

Eggs

- The Lady of the Lake-- her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held

Yes I do - even though I am not a fan of rear engine riders - that one is cherry.

Srgnt Billko wrote:

Thanks, she needs a new seat though ($52.00 at the Tractor Supply) I'm not a big fan of the rear engine either, but, when I'm mowing I never feel heat from the engine as it's riding behind me. (or breath the exhaust)
Clark
"Clark" ...

Try googling for the seat and you might find it cheap somewhere. I replaced the seat on my JD and found a good one for 2/5 the price that the dealer wanted. Worth a shot. Tomes