Grub Damaged Lawn Repair

I'm in Southern Ontario and have finally got a grub infestation under control - now I have to re-establish my damaged front lawn. What's the best approach for me to use and is Fall the best time to do it?

whattaya growing?
Don wrote:

If you have crows visiting your lawn, they will keep white grubs under control. Unfortunately, since the early depression years crows are very wary of man. This is not to say crows don't cause other problems.
Grubs aren't the problem now. That's been solved. I'm looking for some tips or ideas on how best to re-establish the damaged areas. Top dress and overseed is probably the approach I'm going to use but I need some guidance on timing.

I'd suggest slice seeding if it wasn't grub damage. Did you find big grubs in the soil below your damaged turf? You must be way yonder up north to have your lawn destroyed by grubs already. Did it frost there yet?

Unless you're dealing with billbug larvae.
Thanks for all the replies. Actually, it was grubs and it took me to the second in-star to solve the problem. The grubs are now gone. My original post was looking for the best time to repare the lawn. My solution to repair the damage is to top dress and over seed somewhere around mid September.
Grubs aren't the problem now. That's been solved. I'm looking for some tips or ideas on how best to re-establish the damaged areas. Top dress and overseed is probably the approach I'm going to use but I need some guidance on timing.

kinda hard to help you if you won't tell us what you are growing!

Southern ontario - mid sept is a good time to start.
Sorry Don. Missed your earlier post. This was an established lawn when we bought the house and it's in a newer subdivision so I'm thinking it was initially put down as sod as opposed to seeding. Probably a mix of turf-type Perennial Ryegrass and Kentucky Bluegrass.