Grub alert

The 10" pine stick of DOOM would kill your puny birds!!

Clark

Reply to
Clark

thanks, i think my moles have the grug problem under control.

ds549

I'm startin' to suspect we're beatin' on a horse with a dead stick. But then...nah I think some of us are prob'ly gonna run with it.

Reply to
xPosTech

your a bunch of twisted fiends. :-p

Clark

Reply to
Clark

Thanks Steveo. Got a bag of it and put it down just before rain last night. We got about a 1/4". Do you think that is enough? I was thinking 1/2 - 3/4 would be ideal. Funny thing, on every one of these type products, all they say is to water it in. You would think they would give some idea of what that means. It obviously depends on multiple factors, one of which is how easily the stuff disolves, which of course I don't know. In my case, area of most concern, there is minimal thatch, so less water should be needed from that standpoint.

The obvious objective is to wind up with as much insecticide in the soil area where the insects are. But whether that equates to 1/4" or

1" is the question.
Reply to
trader4

Hi Trader, you're welcome.

1/4 to 1/2 inch is what I go by, dylox is a quick killer if irrigated.

Good luck with it..grubs are coming on strong now here in N Ohio.

Reply to
Steveo

Hey Trader I forgot to ask you, did the dylox reduce/control them?

Reply to
Steveo

Well, I'm not entirely sure. After I applied it, we got about 1/4" of rain, then no more rain for a long time, which may not have been enough to water it in. The affected area is in the back where I don't have sprinklers and it would have been a pain in the ass to do it manually.

I lost some turf area closest to the edge of the woods, which is where the problem was first noticeable. But I think that area was likely going to be a goner anyhow, with or without the dylox. Between the grubs and far less rain than normal during that period, it took it's toll, but the affected area is actually fairly small.

The rest of the backyard came through OK, so maybe the dylox did stop it from spreading. And the mole activity that was tearing apart the above mentioned area didn't spread further. I got too busy and didn't do any digging to see if there were any grubs around after the dylox.

Thanks again for the advice.

Reply to
trader4

Nice follow up, Trader

If it got a quarter inch of rain or more on turf that's not thatch bound it probably at least slowed them down quite a bit, which is usually enough to let the turf rebound somewhat, as long as the raccoons and skunks don't find them and dig everything up.

You're welcome anytime.

Reply to
Steveo